Last night I was sitting with my husband at Chilis across from Easton Village . As we were eating we could see torrential rain falling from our seat by the window.where we always enjoy looking outside . The sky was a pewter color and the air looked very dense. Light and wind were affecting the surface of the pond. After a few minutes we were served our meal and the next thing we knew, we saw several servers rushing to the outside patio with digital cameras. I got up to see what all the commotion was about and there before my eyes was the biggest and most colorful double rainbow I have ever seen arching majestically over the Acme!! I ran back for my camera and we all stood outside and marvelled at the beauty of it and no one could recall ever seeing a double rainbow of that size.Needless to say, I took several pictures. I had to work fast because it was gone within five minutes. After it was all over, I thought two things. One is that it was very special to see these young people so taken by that type of weather phenomena and secondly because as always, I love living in a landscape where nature is so valued and to delightfully close all the time.
It is supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny this weekend----Alas, no rainbows! But that's OK ---- I have it recorded in my journal as a special but quickly disolving memory. Glad I was there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment