I came into the office this morning and Meg had a new "quote of the Week" posted. Permit me to share it with you.
"Continuity gives us roots, change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights." Pauline R. Kezer
Now I don't Pauline Kezer, but she really hit the nail on the head to put it in the vernacular. I thought about this community and others like it---of people making and committing to big changes in their lives and I thought, that over time, ---though it may be tough going in the beginning of a life changing decision--like moving to a new state and/or a new home , ---it is continuity--- and a courageous adherence to a new way of life that eventually lets us stretch and grow and reach new heights. I've met a lot of people the last few months who have done just that. I won't mention names, but I am singularly impressed by their joyful leap into this new community of Easton Village , by their willingness to participate in activities, volunteer in new ways, seek out the beauty of our landscape and carve a new path. Eventually these paths will be undergirded with strong roots ; that will take time. But how freeing commitment is! How it releases us from doubts and fears and allows us to forge ahead in our newly chosen home-- enthusiastically reaching for those new and exciting heights that are sure to come.
Cheerio to all of you !
Ritze
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment