Well I just ordered pumpkin spice coffee for the Welcome Center. My inner clock is ticking!! What else could explain my mood in the last couple of days.
Lured by the harvest autumn palette I stopped by Lowes and bought some golden mums for the front porch, and as if that is not enough, I am thinking about the delectable spicy ochre pumpkin seeds that I make in the Fall as a reward for scraping out those gooey, ( neven slimy!) innards. Call me crazy, but somehow at the end of August my thoughts turn culinary--this year those thoughts got a major jump start by going to see the new Meryl Streep/Julia Child movie at the Easton Cinema. ( I highly recommend it). Not only was it a treat to see how she began her grand and glorious career, but it was also inspiring to see someone who had such a passion for living. I believed she was quoted as saying , "Life is the proper binge." I am excited to make her Bouf Bourguignon ---( Page 315 Volume #1). Do I have to wait until October??? I think I must.......After all, it IS still August. Which reminds me, I really should be thinking of grilling out a couple of more times before I say good bye to Summer---maybe I will get out my savory and delectable marinade for Tuna steaks----make a fresh peach blueberry cobbler, toss a marvelous green salad with my honey pesto vinagrette,----light the citronella, and eat supper on the porch one or two more times. After all, each day is precious as this season winds down and Labor Day comes upon us ushering in that crackling glinty Eastern Shore light that painters love so much. Yes, I think I will just kick back on the glider and read Mastering the Art of French Cooking before I actually have to prepare "Le Bouf." I definitely have a servantless home. Hopefully I will do Julia proud. Keep posted. And in the meantime, have a relaxing Labor Day. As the old song goes, See you in September
Cheerio,
ritze
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment