Monday, May 18, 2009

Field Journal :of goslings and Iris

On the Eastern Shore, it seems as though everyone eventually seems to notice and be seduced by nature. That is why my job at Easton Village is so extra- special.

By the time I get to my destination the beauty that I am always experiencing here literally makes my day. All I have to do is to take the time to truly" See " what is in front of me.
I decide to pull my car over and stare at the growing goslings being taught to swim and how to eat by their protective parents and then I wander down to the side of the pond where delicate pale purple iris with ochre streaks are in bloom by the side of the grasses and in the pond,. It is breathtaking. My overloaded swithboard simply turns off and I digest my surroundings, It is hard to jmagine being out of touch with the natural world. I take out camera and record a few shots--they will be up on the Big Board in the Welcome Center ( hopefully I can learn to upload photos on the blog) ---- exhale ----and then make my way to open the door for the day and greet our visitors who wish to live and walk in this landscape.. I can cope with another day with serenity.
I must remember to talk to Sandra about our new Heron--no--not Fred or Henry--but the new BIG GUY on the block......
Have a good day!
cheerio. Ritze

No comments:

Post a Comment