Look, I certainly don't pretend to be an expert on Nature. I DO obseve nature and love it; but I have a lot to learn. Well everyone has to start somewhere. Fortunately, I am a fast learner and lucky for me I have my friend Sandra a couple of houses down the block. Sandra works for Ryan Homes. She is an Eastern Shore woman and knows a lot about the ways of life here.I asked Sandra to keep me posted with the things that she knows from spending her life here, and she has been so kind to oblige. Today, she came into the Welcome Center saying, "quick! Bring your camera...the goslings are here!" I did as she said and we both walked outside and she pointed out the Geese across the pond with their babies in tow. How could anyone not feel thrilled to see that sight. The Mama and Papa with their babies very near them just pecking around staying very close. Finally after trying not to alarm them and creeping slowly a bit closer, they decided not to entertain me any longer and they calmly slid into the smooth as glass pond and created a slow spiral of retreat to the other side of the pond. I'll keep you posted on the progress of the tiny goslings as Spring progresses.
cheerio, Ritze
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment