Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pansies and Friends

It is cold and windy today. The pond is filled with ripples and ruffles. I hope the goslings are tucked somewhere warm and cozy in the grasses. What a change in weather pattern from Memorial Day weekend.
As I walked up to the porch in my yellow hooded parka, I looked at the pansies in the shiny cobalt blue pot just blowin' in the wind---some are the buttery color of my parka and some the color of the pond in front---oh and an occasional magenta one for interest. I wonder how much longer they will survive when the sure to follow hot weather hits in the traditional Eastern Shore manner.
I love pansies. They have such energy and color just when we need it.-----after the daffodils and tulips have faded we can always count on the pansies to bring that early seasonal brightness and spritely gesture to our personal landscape. They remind me of my friends, some of whom add such a sparkling lift and joy to my life..So I hate to see the pansies wilt in the hot noonday sun. I'm not sure my friends would like to be called "pansies", but trust me---it's a compliment!!

cheerio,
ritze

No comments:

Post a Comment